28 December 2012

What's Up & What's Not -- Rounding out 2012

Yarn Bombed Tree 5th Avenue July 2012
Has she fallen off the fiscal cliff, did she abandon knitting, have the walks stopped, has she given up on ducks?

None of the above but it has been an eventful in real life year with a lot more online activity on Facebook than here on Blogger.

My long time web page went dark this year as shared hosting no longer fit my need to protect my content and finding affordable alternatives has not been easy or a major priority.

Walkaboutknitter.com remains my domain name although the saga of the web hosting company and domain registry is an ongoing comedy of errors

The page is down and that means Positively Polygonal is also offline.

Rest assured all content is safely archived and ready to move when I find a happy new home with root access control and other must have qualities.

Yarn Bombed Tree 5th Avenue July 2012
This year did have knitting content including four pairs of socks (five if you count the slated for me orphan still on the needles somewhere), four accepted but still not published designs (three of them mine), a scarf and a shawl.

Yeah, I know, pretty paltry and other than the prototype of one design and an unfinished sock somewhere, they are all residing somewhere other than here.

The year also had art projects, craft projects, photography (new cameras!) and, of course, ducks.

Lots of changes for me, lots of changes in the hood so plenty of fodder for posting and hopefully the will do actually write and post.  More on all of that and more later.

For now, an update on the tree in this post. Nope I didn't do the yarn bombing and sadly its yarn has lost its colour. 

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home