23 January 2009

Pedestrian perils & mixed signals in San Diego

The photo illustrates classic San Diego walkabout weirdness and how even the most pedestrian "friendly" parts of the city present the average pedestrian with serious mixed signals in signage.

The sign at the bottom of the image advises the pedestrian that they should use the crosswalk to the right but the crosswalk signal is still in place.

In all the years I have walked this route, I have never obeyed this sign. To so I'd need to make three street crossings to continue on my way.

In my head, and in my San Diego as pedestrian experience, additional crossings are way more dangerous than just crossing the street there are disobeying the don't cross mixed message.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home